Monday, June 9, 2008

Peter and Eva's Wedding! Alexandria, VA

Get ready friends.. I've got a lot to say about this one :0) 


I had the sheer joy and honor of being part of Peter and Eva's special day as they celebrated the start of their new union at Woodlawn Plantation! The lovely and talented Katelyn James (theinspireddesign.com) assisted me which was so much fun! Be sure to check out her new website! Its really a shame, she's super talented at about everything artistic, so her website not only features her photography, but her graphic design and interior decorating as well! :P Im excited for her to come help me decorate my apartment when I get to Raleigh and hopefully join me as my regular second shooter! Check out some of her great images below!


When I first met Eva and Peter they were SO excited to be getting married and as Eva is telling me about it she just smiles and says "its going to be a GREAT party!" and that it was!!! They were such troopers considering it was a cool 100 degrees outside at least! They said they prayed for no rain, considering the entire thing was outside at this amazing location, but they forgot to pray about the heat! Thankfully sometimes God has other ways to answer our prayers, and the rain held off for all of the ceremony and reception until about 9:00 when it started down pouring which quickly turned into a big thunderstorm to cool everyone off! About 9:15 the power blows, the music cuts off, and everything is totally dark! To which all the wedding guests reponded with a loud cheer and picking up right where the song left off and started singing so people could keep dancing! Seriously, you don't get better friends than that :0)


Eva and Peter had such sweet amazing attitudes throughout the entire day! Despite the unbearable heat, they were both just overjoyed to be married! Both families and all their guests were so welcoming and excited for this couple. Eva's brothers gave such a heartfelt toast during the reception that had Katelyn and I both a little chocked up! Eva was simply glowing the entire time and made such an elegant bride! I'm so excited about a lot of these images, so settle in and enjoy.. I had such a hard time narrowing my favorites down, so this post will feature more than I usually blog! Peter and Eva, I figured that might be okay with you :0)


Woodlawn provided moooore than enough  beautiful backdrops for some bridal portraits of Eva :0)
I absolutely LOVE this super sweet image of Eva and her Grandfather! So sweet!
Absolutely stunning!
I love this one of Eva's mom and brothers walking in.. you can tell how happy they are for Eva! Seriously they both had such great families!
Eva had the longest walk out of any bride I've ever met coming down the aisle! Looks like she loved every minute of that precious walk with her daddy :0) 
Peter looking so handsome and excited to see his beautiful bride walking towards him
Husband and Wife!!! Hurray!! :0)

The guys had no problem scooping Eva right up :0) 
The ladies on the other hand had a little more difficulties with Peter.. :P
... But eventually got the hang of it :0)

He made her work a lil harder for that next kiss :0)

This just might be my favorite image of the day.. it was such a cool building and Peter and Eva were MORE than willing to take time right before the reception to spend with me grabbing lots of great pictures of the two of them. 
Okay so maybe I lied.. I think this one might be my favorite.. I love the feel of it and the dramatic lighting and everything about it! 
This was definitely one of my favorite parts of the reception.. Eva's grandparents won the contest to see which couple at the wedding had been married the longest and they were given a chance to offer Peter and Eva some advice. Her grandmother first told them both to not be "Yes" people.. don't loose your identity by just saying 'yes' to anything and everything. Next she told them that when a conflict arises, if you don't want to argue at 2 in the afternoon in front of the kids that there was something called 2 in the morning that works just as well.. "you just turn that light on and say GET UP!" :0) SO funny!! Then her grandfather proceeded to tell Peter his one word of advice was to make sure everyone knew he was the boss, and the way everyone knew he was the boss was because whenever his wife is gone is the time he could do whatever he wanted :0) I don't think any of us will ever forget those words of wisdom! 
They were not kidding when they said it was going to be a fun party! From the YMCA to the electric slide.. these guys were dancing machines!! 
These last ones are all ones that Katelyn grabbed throughout the day.. she had so many great images, but these were three that I didn't get that I really loved! I love how proud he was of Eva when he first saw her in her wedding dress! 
Their wedding party was so much fun! Check out how long that aisle is!! 
So sweet :0) 
Thanks again Eva and Peter for letting Katelyn and I share in your amazing day! Best of luck in Georgia and I'm definitely counting on making up that engagement session we never a chance to do whether its pictures to celebrate your anniversary or pictures of your kids one day down the road!! :0) Enjoy your honeymoon!! 

No comments: