Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Logan and Summer's Wedding- Newport News, VA

I was SO excited for Summer and Logan's wedding! I had such a blast with them at their engagement session a few months back, which resulted in some of my favorite engagement shots EVER, so I knew their wedding was going to be a blast! Summer and I hit it off right away, as she graduated from the high school where I lead YoungLife all throughout college! She and Logan are such a fantastic couple; full of so much joy and love for God and each other. They had a beautiful ceremony, and their reception was probably the best one I've been to in quite a while :0) They had so many fun details and moments in their reception; I usually don't blog too many pictures from the reception, but these ones just tell such a great story of their wedding that I had to put them on here! 

Logan and his guys were a BLAST to work with.. they were literally up for anything I could possibly come up with and kept me laughing the entire time :0) 


Like I said.. they had me laughing the whole time.. :0) 
Summer looked SO glamorous!! Check out her gorgeous shoes!! The florist did an amazing job with all the flowers, they were so pink and so perfect! 
okay so I think I took just as many pictures of their cutie pie flower girl as I did the bride!! Her name is Riley, which I think is part of why I loved her so much because thats my goddaughters name! (Keep a look out for pictures of her at the end of the month when I go visit my crazy beautiful godkids :0) ) Seriously... how stinkin cute is she?!?!? 
I really love this detail shot.. love the shoes, love the flowers, love the colors of the bridesmaids dresses.. :0) 
Summer made SUCH a stunning bride! 

Just Married!!! Yay!!!

Summer and Logan are on their honeymoon in Jamaica, and it just so happened we got to the reception and there was a Jamaican band playing! How perfect! We figured they should warm up their dance moves for a few minutes before we went into the reception :0) 

I love summers hardcore face showin' off the bling!! Logan tried for one or two shots, but I guess he was just too excited to be married! 
Ha Logan needed just a minute with his new bride after their first dance....
Riley kept tryin to steal my job! :P
Okay so this was something new that I'd never seen at a reception before. They each took one of their shoes and one of each others shoes and then the DJ asked a bunch of questions, and whoever it was about they held up that shoe. So for example, I think this question was something like "Who kissed who first?" and apparently the answer was Summer :0) Others were "Who is a better dresser?" "Who is a better cook?" "Who is better with money?" and fun things like that.
This one was the best though.. the DJ said "And last and most importantly.. who is really in charge??" and Summers hand flew up, Logan hesitated a minute, hung his head, and raised Summers shoe :0) hahaha too funny!! 
Right after the cut the cake the DJ put on "Hit me with your best shot!" which they both got a kick out of :0) well.. maybe Logan more than Summer.. she still looks a little nervous :0)
A special song from the girls for Logan :0)
Have a great time in Jamaica guys!!!!
Thanks for letting me be a part of your amazing wedding!!! 







(((Okay... so this isn't my best shot ever, but oh my goodness it makes me laugh so I had to throw it in at the end :0) Her veil fell off right after the ceremony, but don't worry Logan was there to take care of it :P )))

No comments: